Friday, August 12, 2011

Wet 'n Wild: Comfort Zone Palette (My Thoughts)

First Impressions: Wet 'n Wild


        

I have finally tried Wet 'n Wild Cosmetics! HALLLELUYAHH! hahahaha I know this brand has been around for so long but hey once you try MAC you can never go back. LOL. And if you aren't satisfied with the other drugstore brands such as Covergirl, Maybelline or Revlon eyeshadows then you are definitely not going to pick up a brand that their highest priced palettes are $4.99. Pshhh that's what I thought about all the time! But after hearing so much that they are supposedly the best drugstore brand when it comes to eyeshadows I gave in and decided to by the Comfort Zone palette. 


This palette has two different quads. One that is neutral and the other you have a green combination. 












As with every already made palette there is always some shadows that are not as great as the rest of the others.

Hits:
Definer Brown color from the Neutral Quad is amazing! It is extremely pigmented.
Crease Copper color from the Neutral Quad is great also. Love Love the color payoff.
Browbone Silverish Color from the Green Quad is Awesome. This one kind of reminds me of Mushroom from Urban Decay but this one feel so smooth and frosty instead of rough and chunky glitter. 

Miss: 
Eyelid Green color from the Green Quad has little color pigmentation. I really had to layered it. I think if you put a similar color base it would pop out a lot more. 
Browbone Champagne color from the neutral color is very light, I understand that a highlight color shouldn't be overpowering but this one is not so pigmented and if you rub it too much it disappears. 
Definer iridescent brown/green color from the green quad is too weird of a color for me, it is not true to color once you put it on you eyelid.  

The rest of the colors are in the OKAY range for me. The green quad is more of a miss in terms of pigmentation because I wasn't too happy with the color payoff. They weren't that true to color, opposed to the neutral side which was really pigmented and true to color. The formula feels very velvety smooth when you touch them, and the blending power is great. They don't stay on forever but they do last quiet a bit of time. 

Overall I give them a 3.5/5. I am not a super fan of them but I am not dissing them either. I definitely think that they are way better quality then the other drugstore brands that i've tried. I can definitely see myself buying more of their products :)


No comments:

Post a Comment