Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Redesigned MAC Pro Palettes

I found out about the current redesigned pro palette not too long ago. I went online to see what people were saying and found that a lot of people did not like it because it's bulky compared to the old palettes. Which is true but since I am a somewhat neat freak when it comes to keeping my makeup in order I decided to give the Pro Palette Duo first. Keep in mind that you now have the option of buying them without inserts. Each insert costs $2 while the bare palette costs $8. That is quite inexpensive compared to the original price of $14 for the old version. Though the Duo palettes are not very convenient  because you cannot see what is inside it BUT I was tired of opening and closing blushes/highlighters/bronzers from their individual containers. The duo palette was perfect to fit most of those products without any problems

The Duo palette has space on both sides with a clear divider in the middle to keep product from transferring to the other side. The neat thing is that the base of these palettes are magnetic, so all you have to do is place magnetic tape on whatever it is that you want in there and it'll stick. Now, I have everything that I need in one single palette and I am able to put all of them to use and not just reach for one like I used to do in their own containers. Another thing that I like is that they are deep, that means that if you have a dome shaped powder, blush or eyeshadow, it is going to fit!

After liking how my blushes/highlighters/bronzers fit, I was left with two Tarte palettes that were just too bulky and I never reached for them. So I decided to depot the shadows, which you can see that i did major damage to them because they were superglued to those packages like no other! :/ I lost a few Tarte shadows completely. I didn't feel like repressing them again, so I just threw them away. After I kinda went a little crazy depotting some single shadows that I had. By having them in one single palette, i am able to use them more often and not just have shadows sitting around in my little drawers.

After I first tried out the Duo Palette I went back to the MAC store and purchased the other duo palette where my Tarte shadows are and decided to get a Single Pro Palette. These are so neat because they are clear in the front, which allows you to see what is inside instead of having them color coded like I did with the old all black palettes. Yes, they are taller then the original slim ones, but in length they are a little smaller. I would of preferred them to be slimmer like the old ones but you cannot get a see through palette (besides the Z palette) for $8 a piece.

Old All black MAC palette

Left: New Single Palette                                   Right:Old
Top: Old Palette        Bottom: New Single Palette

Overall, I am happy with MAC's new design of the Pro Palette's. The only downsize is that they are a little bulkyer and as usual they get dirty so fast but for someone as OCD as me when it comes to having my makeup organized, they do a pretty good job and for the price, they are very much worth it. 


Until Next Time,
Dannely




4 comments:

  1. Wonderful colors! :)

    classypeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a nice collection!
    I tagged you in the This or That Beauty Tag!(:

    http://ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/09/this-or-that-beauty-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lupe! :) so do you and your obsession with palettes that I saw on your IG ^_^ Yay! My first tag, I'll get on it very soon :)

      Delete